Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First run of 2013

Nothing fancy, just a nap time run...story of my life.  In the basement with Criminal Minds in the background.  But a run is a run and this is how I kicked off 2013.  Been reading a lot about everyone resolutions and although I told Joe that I'm perfect enough to not need any resolutions I might have room for at least one.  When I'm actively training I'm pretty good about documenting my workouts.  Time of day, distance, where it was, how it felt, heartrate, speed, temp outside...blah, blah, blah.  Times like this when I'm just running to run I barely write down anything, I have a hard time keeping track of what I've done b/c I keep such inconsistent records.  This blog might be my most accurate log which is pretty poor.  I do think it would be helpful if I were more consistent in keeping a running log.  I'm always a bit jealous of those who can post what they have put up for yearly mileage or better yet compare years against each other.  So where?  Garmin connect is the best b/c I can link my running, swimming, and biking all up effortlessly, but that requires consistent use of my garmin which also falls by the wayside during times like these. I LOVE LOVE LOVE an old school hand written pencil log but can't keep track of anything like that for longer than 16-20 weeks.  By then my papers are all dogeared and I've lost all writing utensils and am keeping track of workouts in blue crayon b/c that's all I can find in the playroom.  So I'll make more of an effort to log onto garmin and keep better track.  Ask me in March if I'm keeping up with this.

45 mins of running
90 mins of yoga

No comments: