Thursday, January 17, 2013

I don't care, I will wear my running stuff all day long.

I'm clearly spending too much time at home, basically alone, watching too much TV.  What can I say, my kid is a good napper.  But it left me watching What Not to Wear today, and what should have been a relaxing afternoon turned into a horror show.  They were picking on a mom of a 14 month old, who among other fashion no-no's, spends the majority of days in her workout gear.  Hello...so do I!?!?!?  As I type I've been in my running stuff for 14 hours.  Yep, 14 hours, it's so gross but it's reality.  In fact other than a 4 hour stretch on Tuesday I've been in running stuff since returning from vaca.  I was going to blame this on my temporary status as stay-at-home-mom, but if I'm going to be honest it's been a reality for the better part of the kid's life.  I lack motivation to get dressed in anything but my workout stuff.  It motivates me to get a workout in; if I'm dressed I might as well go for a run/ride/yoga class.  And I don't have to waste time changing, sometimes we run on a tight schedule around here.  I don't care if my black capris get snot, ketchup, milk, poop, or finger paint on them.  I can chase the kid when he takes off down the street after I've asked him to wait a moment while I get the groceries out of the trunk.  I'm also incredibly comfortable.  I can wrestle during a game of pretend you are asleep, go for a run, rearrange the basement, watch TV on the couch and read Corduroy countless times in the rocking chair.  Stacy and Clinton have unrealistic expectations.  Yes, I could change when arriving at the gym or when I'm done with a workout but I don't want to.  Yes, I go to breakfast, the playground, the market, even lunch with my gym clothes on.  If you don't like it, don't make plans with me before 6pm, on days like this even later.

Ran 4 miles and rode 45 mins all in the same outfit I've had on since 6am.

1 comment:

testblog said...

I LOVE THIS POST
tell the world to SUCK IT :)