Sunday, May 12, 2013

Meh, lets call it a recovery week and move on

Last week was not my greatest in terms of running.  Only made it out for about 3 runs and today's long run ended up being just short of 5.  My head wasn't into it, we almost cancelled b/c of the rain and I never fully accepted that we were really out there running.  As long as this continues to be the exception and not the rule I'm good with it.  It's been a good month since I've really committed to this so a week off is ok.

That said lets discuss this week.  Tues/Fri in am with Jeff - 4 miles.  Track on Thurs, maybe a family fun run on Wed.  Long on Sun - 12-14ish.  I'm also going to aim to get in the pool on Wed am.  I'd rather a yoga class but can't find something that fits with my schedule and feel like I need to add something to this running.  We were out at the PVD marathon this am, cheering on the SIL and made it to the finish right around the finish time that I'm hoping for in Newport.  Those runners didn't look anything different than me so gives me hope that a major PR is in my reach.

I've also noted that I'm feeling sluggish and exhausted, hoping that a B12 shot will help but also thinking that I need to look at my daily nutrition.  Since I don't eat meat and eat very little dairy, I need to be eating a wide variety of fruits/veggies/grains at most meals and feel like with the nicer weather I've fallen into just going for quick/easy/thoughtless.  Not that I'm eating junk but how many nights in a row can I survive on roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower with quinoa and a sesame sauce?

Ran just shy of 5 miles today.

No comments: