Thursday, May 2, 2013

Track

I will fully admit to being mathmatecially challenged, often joking that it's a reason I went into Social Work, that said I'm not sure I can describe this mornings workout.  4x1000 meters.  I think we did this:
1000fast (400r) 800fast (200r) 200faster (400r) 600fast (200r) 400faster (400r) 400fast (200r) 400fast (200r) 200faster.  I think that was it, but again it was a bit over my head.  I ran hard when they told me too.  My times were surprisingly steady.  All fast laps were at a 7:20 pace and faster laps at 7min pace...not too shabby considering I was solo today.  And all laps were right on, so I didn't burn up in the beginning and limp through the last set.  And finally being May, I enjoyed my first outdoor morning workout in a tank top!  Bring on the nice weather!!  My week has been messed up by the.kid.who.won't.be.named.but.is.refusing.to.sleep so I'm planning on running straight through til Sun.  4 tomorrow, maybe 4/5 on Sat and hopefully 10 on Sun.  Discussing planning, I've fallen totally off the wagon with any cross training.  I know what I need and should be doing but I also know what my scheduling limitations are and it is what it is. 

Ran 4 miles today.

1 comment:

Jose said...

I have never done track training runs. I dont even know what all those numbers mean and I'm pretty good at math!... and I agree, bring on the nice weather!!

Hope to see you guys out there on the side lines in Providence. I chatted with Jen the other day. Hoping to run with her and Joanna for some miles.