Friday, September 13, 2013

Class numero 2

Today was my 2nd day joining the Fitness in the Park crew, with the rain we headed indoors to Rhode Runner. I'll totally admit to second thoughts when we rolled up and there was only one other car with a carseat. What the F did I get myself into? Just when I thought of abandoning plans, another Mom rolled up with 2 little ones. Here goes nothing. The class? B.R.U.T.A.L. but just what I needed. During my first pregnancy I found this amazing pre-natal yoga class that was the right balance of supportive atmosphere combined with a sweaty workout. The kind of workout that makes your forget about the growing belly. That teacher is off doing other things and until today I hadn't found a replacement. Suzanne is the instructor of Fitness in the Park and she killed me. Push up's for instance, yes I dropped my knees, until she noticed and had me pull them back up. Doesn't she realize I'm knocked up??? Oh and how many, too many to count, I will be useless tomorrow. For a class that involved very little cardio I had sweat dripping off my nose. She had it set up in stations that you stayed at for 5 minutes at a time and each station had 3 awful exercises that you repeated over and over. Too many push ups, too many planks, too many lunges and squats and god only knows what. The kid? He loved it! She had the room set up with toys galore and when he got bored he joined me in climbing under my planks. Once even yelling out, "How you doing Sarah", he doesn't miss a beat. All I can say is that this class will have me jacked in no time. I'm hooked.

No comments: