Tuesday, September 17, 2013

To the playground and back

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. I'm totally digging this new schedule, home with the kid 3 days a week. Nothing better. We started this morning with a run to the "Big Playground" (aka: Humboldt Tot Lot). There was some negotiating as he didn't want to sit in the jogger. Finally it came out of my mouth, "too bad this isn't a democracy, lets go". I'm turning into my father, but it worked. Fig bars in hand and off we went. The run down wasn't bad at all. 2 miles with a downhill, easy peasy. 45 min stop at the playground where we hit the swings, slides, play kitchen for some mac and cheese, some scary downhill car racing and a bit of digging in the sandbox. It must have been Dad's with Beards Day, it was me and all beareded Dad's. Odd. Regardless we packed it up and started to head back. Not as enjoyable, 2 miles with an uphill and a headwind. Luckily when I was totally pooped we were close enough to let the kid out for some running of his own. I'm really trying hard to stick with some fairly vigorous workouts this pregnancy, we've made it to 18 weeks and my weight gain is WAY lower than the first time around. I'm up 10lbs so far and last time at this point had started out 10lbs heavier and was already hitting the 20lb gain mark at this point. Total I gained 60 the first time around, way too much. My friends will tell me with a straight face that you couldn't tell, from looking back at photos it's clear that I have some very good liars for friends. So combined with sticking with the workouts, I'm being good with my diet. For the most part I'm eating veggies and grains, no meat and hardly any dairy. I'm a sucker for goldfish and have been known to knock back left over Annie's Mac and Cheese from time to time so far from perfect when it comes to eliminating dairy. Cravings? None that I've given into but I could totally go for peanut butter sandwiched btw 2 Oreo's. I'm hating the water though, my thirst is unquenchable and I'm so over the taste. It doesn't help either that my fridge is packed with Shipyard Pumpkin. Think I'll be able to find some in Feb? Ran 4 miles today

No comments: