Monday, November 25, 2013

cool return

After a 2 week hiatus, I returned to the pool. Came close to calling it and hitting the showers before getting wet when it looked like circle swimming would be my only option, but just as I walked towards the locker room a lane opened up and I ran out of excuses. Which is too bad given that the pool felt cool enough to justify a wet suit. Nothing exciting, nothing hard. A mile made up of 5 laps of swimming alternated with 5 laps of pulling. Shockingly it went quick and my mile seemed like nothing. More time at my disposal and I would have stayed in a bit longer. Didn't seem to irritate any injured areas and no I didn't fess up to the chiropractor that after his visit I was headed to the forbidden land. He didn't ask so I can't be faulted. This week will likely hold 3 more swims, maybe 4. Given the weather and holiday, not sure if we'll hit up an exercise class or not. Really trying to be ok with the less is more school of thought, but not an area of strength. Preggo updates are equally as boring as lap swimming. Holding at 23lb weight gain, the only positive to this from my perspective is that my goal of 35 remains a realistic option. For anyone wondering I've managed this pregnancy with a continued vegetarian diet, limited dairy but not total elimination. So far I've noticed no negatives to this and haven't had any providers grill me about it so am not worried. Discomfort is now at a 3/4 rather than the 7/8, still happier in the evenings not doing much. House remains torn up and panic is setting in related to my belief that we might have bitten off more than we can chew. Swam a mile today

No comments: