Friday, November 8, 2013

Made it to Friday!

Better yet, made it to naptime on Friday! Total score, 4 more hours and the husband is home and I'm off the clock :) Today started with a 5am wake up to make a 5:30 swim session. The same 3 people were standing at the Y entrance at 5:24, knowing they open at 5:30. Idiots, I chose the warmth of my car. Today's workout was killer, it's always a double edged sword to meet up with someone who you know will bring a workout. There was no joking today. 500 warm-up, 400 kick, 300 pull, 10-50m sprints, 100 kick, 500 cool down. Suddenly my 2 mile goal isn't seeming that far off. There was talk of me finally giving in and accepting the flip turn but the baby gut bought me a pass. I know it helps with speed and efficiency but somehow I always end up with half the pool up my nose. Home, coffee, breakfast and off to Fitness in the Park. I arrived and saw it was going to be a small group and pressed as hard as I could for a coffee break instead but off we went for an hour filled with lunges, squats, push ups and dips. The best part was watching the kid run through the leaves with his friends. I could listen to little kid laughs and screams of excitement all day (outside that is). This weekend will likely include Fitness in the Park on Sat, and a day off on Sunday. Next week is booked with swimming, Fitness in the Park, my very first (and possibly last aqua-jogging session) and pre-natal yoga. Trying to stay busy enough that I don't miss straight up running.

No comments: