Saturday, June 20, 2009

longer and longer

Today was finally here. Long run day! I don't really like long run day. A lot rests on today. My mileage has been carefully allocated and I only have tomorrow left so if I tank today I'm outta luck. I was ready...new shoes = new attitude. FOr moral support Mia (the dog) came along. She is trying to loose some weight to get ready for bikini season. She would also help to ensure we didn't go out of the gate too fast (she's a 10 min mile dog).

It was a small group at the edge this morning and Joe and I were the only ones going the entire 8 miles. No matter, lets get this done. Off we went, we had company for the first 3 miles. I realized as we turned from Roselee to finish on our own I was feeling great. No pain in the toe or anywhere else. Maybe I'll be able to get through this training after all!

The funny thing about running I have found is that it's hit or miss. There are days I can go out there and like today feel like a million bucks. I could have run forever today. On the other hand there are days where I go out and each step is brutally painful and boring. I accept that that will happen and for the most part it's out of my control. When you run 6 days a week, they can't all be pleasant.

Things were going right along, we had to take a breather around 5.5 for Mia. She might have winded herself on some of the hills. After a short water break we were back at it for the last leg. This was the most familiar part, straight up Hope to Waterman. At this point I can run Hope St with my eyes closed. Finishing up we ran by a woman we passed earlier in the run. I wonder how her run had been.

Days till NYC: 133
Miles trained today: 8

No comments: