Saturday, July 24, 2010

Post Long Run Delirium

I did it, I ran on the roads this morning and hit my goal of 13 miles. We took it easy, stopped for water and swedish fish along the route. I was pumped when we made it home before 9:30. Just as I got in the shower it happened, the post long run delirium. Things start to move very slowly, nothing makes absolute sense. Running at the beach and then immediately sleeping for hours on my towel has prevented this from happening in quite a while. I knew I was in trouble when I found myself laying down on the shower floor. Judging by the pruniness of my finger tips I had been there a while, maybe too long. With the schedule as it is today, I couldn't allow for a 3-4 hour nap. So the delirium followed me for most of the afternoon. Joe had it too, as evidenced by his agreement that I purchase 2 dresses (note to self bring him shopping after long runs to ensure purchases without complaint). We tried to eat and found ourselves zoning out over sandwiches. The task of going grocery shopping seemed daunting, it was going to require some walking. We were all over the store, forgetting things and aisle jumping, it was pretty messy. The only cure I know of is sleep, and it's going to be a long time before I climb into bed.

Miles trained today: 13
Days till crabman tri: 1
Beach 2 Beacon 10k: 14
Chicago Marathon: 78

No comments: