Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'll have to do it now

I thought I was going to get away without any workouts this week. My weekly e-mail didn’t get sent until late on Sunday and with no response I was starting to get excited. Don’t get me wrong, I know the workouts are important and will get me closer to my goal in Chicago. But I really enjoy the lazy runner route and you know that without Bob telling me what to do I am NOT going to do it on my own! Too bad the e-mail came in today and what was also too bad was the fact I slept through my morning run. Leaving no excuse for tonight. 4x1m at 9:50 pace with a 4 min rest, not completely tragic but not what I had envisioned as my evening plan. I’ve been doing these timed workouts on the treadmill lately. The rest of my runs have been outdoors since the mutiny, but I have a lot of trouble staying on target on the roads alone. Joe refuses to have anything to do with these workouts and Wednesday nights are still a few weeks away. I’m always amazed at how quickly I can power through them though. I had been dreading this run since 10am this morning and knew that it was getting bad when I found myself at work late. One of my surefire ways to sabotage a run is to stay at work until it’s too late to run. Dinner plans aren’t until 8:30 and although I didn’t want to run I wasn’t staying at work that late J I’m sitting here now, sweaty but feeling accomplished. What feels better is to look back at my log and see that each week I’m a little faster with a little bit of a shorter rest. The best part is the structured workouts are done for the week! YAHOO!

Miles trained today: 6

Days till Chicago: 228

No comments: