Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Picking up speed

Day 1 of 2days per week of speed work.  Why am I doing this again?  That’s right I want to run faster, I remember now.  All this complaining and it wasn’t bad.  5x3min pick-up’s at a 9:20 pace.  Goal is to make marathon pace (10:30) feel comfy.  I warmed up for a mile and hit it.  I’m glad I paid attention to the instructions and didn’t try to knock out 3 at once.  The first felt easy, as expected, I didn’t want to slow down when the 3 minutes were up.  By the 3rd I was huffing and puffing, it took longer to recover.  4 and 5 were uneventful.  Tomorrow I will do an easy 5 miles and hit the speed work again on Thursday.  Going forward I plan to get this work done on Mon and Thurs.  So far so good, I can’t help but wonder when injury will set in.  But for now positive thinking, I’m doing this right, intentional and slow. 

 Miles trained today: 4

No comments: