Sunday, February 7, 2010

The tunes that keep me going

When I started running with the club and when we would meet at Roger William’s Park, I would often hear the song, Girlfriend.  Still whenever it comes up on my i-pod I think about climbing that hill in the park.  Then around mile 17 or so of the Breakers Marathon I’m Gonna Be came on.  I hit repeat several times and was singing it aloud to get my mind off the pain I was in.  Empire State of Mind came out just before we ran New York.  I didn’t run that marathon with music, but it always reminds me of that weekend and the marathon.  No matter where I am on a run You Give Love A Bad Name will pick me up and I’ll move quicker, it’s great when it comes on as I’m heading down the Blvd on that slight downhill!  Remember the Name makes me feel like a bad-ass long distance runner, like I could keep running forever.  The song that always makes me grin and whenever it comes on I feel like I needed to hear it, Gotta Get Thru This.  As I came close to hypothermia on the bike path today I spent some time wondering what song I’ll have for Chicago..

Miles trained today: 10

Days till the Chicago Marathon: 244

No comments: