Saturday, April 17, 2010

Can we talk?

Hi. It’s been a while, I know. Last time we got together you weren’t that nice to me, or the bottom’s of my feet I should say. We’ll be together for the next 6 weeks until I move on to the 50’s. Can we talk? I’d like to lay out some ground rules. I’m a little wiser than last time, a bit better with the running. Last time I didn’t respect you, running 40+ miles a week is a lot. I won’t take you for granted. Please don’t irritate my shins. Shin splints aren’t pleasant. If I miss a run, I miss it. No cramming miles in, so leave my tendons alone, please. I’ll stay hydrated and stretch. Can you stay away from my ankle joints? I know that we can build a relationship and maybe even enjoy it a little. You are going to start to take over my life, even this first week, I felt a little like all I was doing was running. Let's just try to get along this time, I know I can be difficult but I'm really going to try this time around.

Miles trained today: 13
Days till Chicago: 176
Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 112
Days till Cox Half: 15
Days till Harvard Pilgrim 10k: 78

No comments: