Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm going to finish, no matter what

I’ll admit it. I have a problem. No running last 2 days due to illness. I knew I was perking back up when I started to figure out how I could salvage this week. If I stayed on track I could hit 39-40 this week, only 4 miles short, completely acceptable given having to miss 2 days. The God Damned weather tried to ruin me. I’m feeling well, planning on a run after work run. Next things I know the skies open and it’s a monsoon. FRIG IT! Heading home, resigned to a treadmill run…it’s suddenly blue skies with the birds chirping. FRIG IT! I’m going outside!! A few miles in the rain starts, then a lightening bolt, very nearby. Note to self: when discussing the safety risks of continuing a run, STOP THE RUN! We decide to press on and don’t get far till the next bolt of lightening. At this point there are no options, and we cut the run short. But how short? I have an enjoyable dinner and good times teasing Parker about touching potatoes. Head home. Not to shower though, to check how short my run was. 1.2, that’s how short. So what do I do? Yep, I got on the treadmill and ran the fastest 1.2 miles of my life. Mission accomplished. 6 miles and back on the road to a good mileage week. I have a problem.

Miles trained today: 6

Days till Cox Half: 10

Days till Harvard Pilgrim 10k: 73

Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 107

Days till Chicago: 171

No comments: