Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thanks Parker!

The alarm went off, I cringed just walking to the snooze button. Damn track workouts! Plan A – Scratched. Plan B in effect; run after work with some one faster than me. I can’t run fast, I’m sore from track. Solution, make her push a 1.5 year old in a jogging stroller. Outcome, perfectly paced 5 mile recovery run!

It was a run like I typically don’t have. We talked quite a bit, the entire time, about nothing in particular. No worries about pace, she struggled with the stroller and I let my legs heal. I did offer to take it for the last 1.5 miles but she refused. At the end she mentioned that I was flexible for dealing with her kid and the stroller, little does she know that without that stroller we wouldn’t have been out there at all!!

Miles trained today: 5

Days till Chicago: 191

Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 130

Days till Cox Half: 30

No comments: