Thursday, July 5, 2012

Where are my damn shoes?

This started out very peacefully this morning over at Georgiaville Pond for my first open water swim of the year and likely my last until Sunday.  I'd be more upset about this except that it was a stellar swim, really I couldn't have asked for it to go better.  There were no nerves (other when something, god only knows what, touched my calf on the way back to the beach); and I felt great both during and after.  Feeling like I could have gone harder and done more, a very good thing.  I did cheat a little and gave up on sighting when I realized the guy in the white cap knew the pond well and just kept on his side.  Not a complete cheat as he did make me push it a bit heading back to the beach.  I enjoyed it enough that I'm considering adding this to my weekly rotation,we'll see it did require an early wake up.  SO I go from that to a complete melt down (the stomping, sighing, arm flinging type) around 11 when I can't find my bike shoes which I left in Joe's car.  After pulling myself together I decide on a treadmill run to break in the new sneaks only to continue the meltdown when I can't find my old shoes that have my inserts.  There were under the kitchen table on a shelf, I know I didn't put them there.  I have 3 days to get more organized and am starting to loose hope.  I guess it's a good think I'm worked up about my lack of organizational skills rather than my athletic prowess (or lack thereof).

Swam for just over a mile and ran for 3.

No comments: