Sunday, July 1, 2012

Last outdoor ride and last glass of wine (maybe)

With a week to go, today was likely my last outdoor ride.  With little Castro by my side I don't typically get further than the trainer during the week so today was it.  And I have to say it was nice.  I finished the ride wanting to do more and feeling like I could do more.  Luckily in addition to needing to take it easy we have a baptism to get to shortly preventing me from going much further without ending in hot water for showing up late.  Today also marks the start of Operation Hydration.  Baseline I'm pretty dehydrated and although I haven't peeked at the 7 day forecast, I'm pretty sure it's going to be sunny hot and humid.  My pint sized supervisor makes it difficult to drink during the day; anything that touches my lips MUST be tasted by him so it's easier to avoid all beverages until nap time than share everything with him, that ends today.  So in addition to increasing my water intake and adding coconut water (which I happen to despise) I'll be enjoying my last glass of wine in the adirondack chairs this evening.  It's go time, dropped my Phat Whip off at the shop post-ride this am for her final tune up and some shiny new handlebar tape.   I'm ready.  Bring it.

Rode 30 miles this morning.

1 comment:

Jose said...

Little Castro.... That cracked me up! LOL.

Your training has been solid. You got this!