Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not a great one

Today was pretty terrible, awful in fact.  I keep reminding myself that the bad runs are par for the course and that it won't last forever.  I have been slowly increasing my miles, so my legs have been working consistently for the last 4 weeks, maybe I'm tired.  It was after work, which is not my favorite time of day to run and I was alone.  These two factors didn't impact my run on Tuesday, so what gives.  On the way home I stopped and got new shoes, thinking that will help.  

Part of me had hoped the days of bad runs were behind me, this summer/fall I recall more bad runs that good runs.  It's hard to keep the emotions and imagination in check.  What it bad today, because my legs are gearing up for another injury?  Foolish I know, but that's how I start to think.  I had decided not to write about today's run, but then it's like it never happened.  For me it helps to hear that I'm not the only one who has bad runs.  To be perfectly honest, I started out and realized pretty quickly that things weren't falling into place.  I gave it a mile and just a little beyond that and did a check, wasn't feeling any better so I turned back and ran to my car.  5 miles was my goal and I got a pretty shitty 2.25 in.  It happens, and I'm hoping that my cutting it short and getting new shoes the rest of my runs this week will feel better. 

Miles trained today: 2.25
Days till the Manhattan Half: 49

No comments: