Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good-bye 09

Today was the last run of 09, uneventful treadmill run, nothing special.  What is special is the year at a glace, the fact that I did run today, that I ran all year.  I faced 2 injuries during the year and countless hours at PT and the dreaded G trainer.  One marathon slipped out of reach and the other was more than I could have imagined it would have been.  There was a triathlon; I still thank God I didn’t drown.  2 10-mile races that were both adventures one due to weather and the other a late start, a 3 race challenge in Bermuda, countless road miles with friends and great laughs. 5k’s, Falmouth, and a 4 miler were also sprinkled in there throughout the year.  I’ve learned that I’m nothing if not determined, why else would I still be out there.   A new year of running means a new year of goals, new races, PR’s, more laughs; there is also the fear of failure, new injuries, and old injuries.  I hope I can achieve a balance between the extremes and continue to grow as a runner.  Looking forward to the Half Marathon Challenge with Jenn!  A 3rd marathon, Chicago??  Throw some more 13.1’s, 10k’s, 5k’s, mix in the never ending hours of morning runs and sprinkle that with track workouts and we have a great year planned.  Happy running and a Happy New Year to all!

Miles trained today: 3

Days till the Manhattan Half: 24

No comments: