Thursday, December 17, 2009

Runners lung and other things to accept

It some point I am going to have to shut up and accept it.  Accept the fact that winter running has started and there is no turning back.  

From this point forward it will take close to 10 mins to get dressed for a run.  

A hat and gloves will be mandatory, it would be helpful if I would start leaving them in the same spot.  

My nose will drip constantly and if I don't wipe it, we risk things freezing that shouldn't.  

The wind will slice through all of my layers, regardless of the numbers.  

My laundry pile will triple in size due to all of the layers, and it's a pain how many of the winter items cannot be dried.

My lungs will seize up following a run and "runner's lung" (that cough that develops after coming in from a cold run) is not treatable.

I will try to focus on a new topic tomorrow, that is if I continue to make the poor decision to run in this when I should stay in bed!

Miles trained today: 5.2
Days till the Manhattan Half: 42

No comments: