Thursday, March 4, 2010

Double Time

I’m at the point now with my training that if I want 2 days off a week I’m running 7 miles a few times a week and given how pokey I can be, this is a difficult distance for the before work hours. Also keeping in mind that if things keep progressing I’ll be at higher weekly mileages in the future, I figured that this was a fine day to start running twice a day. I’ve done it a few times and don’t really mind it, although my partner in crime can’t stand it. So I haven’t built it into my training in the past. 3 miles this morning and 4 this afternoon and I have to say I’m feeling pretty good. Neither distance was overwhelming; I wasn’t stressed during either run. I kept the pace easy, no sense in killing myself knowing what’s coming down the pipeline. I’d like to do this 1-2 days a week; it’s just a nice way to shake things up a little. Running in the morning tends to get me moving, my co-workers can tell if I’ve run before work or not. Running after work is a nice was to distress and let go of everything. Today I did both!

Miles trained today: 7

Days till Chicago: 219

No comments: