Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Old Friend

Hello Old Friend,

How have you been? It’s been a while, several months if not longer. I have to admit I wasn’t looking forward to meeting up with you but after a few moments I remembered how well we used to get along. We started down Hope towards Angel, that turn hasn’t softened over time, but all was forgotten with the downhill on Angel. Starting downhill always makes things more bearable. It wasn’t long till we hit Elmgrove, looking good there old chap. I didn’t notice many potholes, although has someone called the street cleaners on your behalf? Heading past Rochambeau I took pride on running on my favorite patch of sidewalk, love it for no particular reason. I see that you have been busy with the Blvd, there were plenty of other runners out there. You haven’t been cheating on me have you? Then the worst part, all the damn up-hills. Please, I’ve asked you to fix that before and yet you ignore me. But cresting the hill at Doyle is so sweet, a quarter mile to the finish and it’s all downhill. I’ve missed you, we go back a long way you and I. You’ve helped me reach many a mileage goal, and I think my record is 4 times around before calling it a night. Not sure when I’ll be back, I’ve been trying out other routes, although none feel quite as nice as you. Glad to see you are doing well.

Miles trained today: 4

Days till Chicago: 214

No comments: