Sunday, March 28, 2010

Loosing interest?

I’m stuck. I hate long runs, not a good place to be for someone training for a marathon. Part of the problem is that it’s March and Chicago isn’t till April, I’m not sure what the rest of the problem is. The distances do still intimidate me, over thinking all the miles. The training is like learning math, you can’t just jump ahead, and every week builds on the previous week. I seem to have a great long run about every 3 weeks and in between I don’t mind anything from 5-7 but 10+ irritates me. What to do? Going public is my first step, next I’m going to register for the Cox half and focus on that as a distraction. Beyond that I’m open for suggestions, please insist that I get the miles done on a Saturday, no more excuses.

Miles trained today: 6

Days till Chicago: 195

Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 132

No comments: