Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm ready, maybe

Ok, I'm ready to really train for Chicago. I've had a few false starts. In actuality my training was supposed to start 2 weeks ago, then postponed till last week and still it hasn't started. To be completely honest I haven't been interested in training for this marathon at all. This will be the 4th time I have started marathon training and I know exactly what I am getting myself into. This training was going to be focused on really jacking up my mileage. It's just not what I need right now. If it becomes a chore I will quit. If I can't get my head into it, I will get hurt. I have decided not to give away my number for Chicago, it's too late for that; I'm ready to train. My mileage will be lower (no higher than mid to high 40's). I'm only running 5 days a week and will have 1 day of cross training and 1 day off. In the past once marathon training started, cross training went right out the window. I'm going to try to get a 20 and 21 mile long run in, previous attempts have ended in long runs no longer than 16 miles. Also, there will be NO monster month! Late in the training when the long runs are 16 plus, I will run hard for a week and then back off for a week, I'm hoping that helps with injury prevention. We'll see how it goes, I feel good about it. Going forward I will state my weekly goals and let you know how I do. So far so good this week, I'm looking for 31-33 miles with a long run of 10 and 1 day of swimming.

Miles trained today: 6
Days till the Harvard Pilgrim 10k: 18
Beach 2 Beacon: 52
Chicago Marathon: 116

No comments: