Friday, March 2, 2012

Trying to stay present

So although I've been getting the workouts in lately, I haven't been focused on them. My eye is always on the clock. How much time til I have to pick the kid up? How much time before I finish this damn race? How much time til I can get off the bike? I'm rushing through the workouts with little thought about what I'm doing other than being able to check them off in my log book. I had to change my workout schedule today as the kid is sick again and I found myself at a 7am yoga class. I caught myself there.....I was scanning the room for a clock wondering how much time I had left before I had to get back home. I gotta stop doing this, I need to focus on being present in the moment. Not just when I'm getting these workouts in but when I'm living the rest of life. Stop eyeing the clock and focus on what's happening right now where I'm at. Easier said than done. It might also help if I started to slowly decrease my caffeine intake as well but we are taking baby steps here.

Training today included 60min yoga class and 30min run.

No comments: