Monday, February 11, 2013

3 of 17

All I have to say is blizzard...that and sinus infection.  Week 3 is in the books and I hit my goal of 22 miles with a long run of 7.  The speed work didn't happen due to illness but I'm ok with it.  Cross training got all screwed up by the blizzard.  There was some article posted on NPR, I believe, about how after weather disasters healthy habits all but disappear.  I can confirm this was true for us.  30 hours, no power, we ate whatever we could find warm including boxed mac and cheese and plenty of beer.  Workouts included shoveling, shivering and complaining.  When heat was finally restored all I wanted was a hot shower, clean sweats and my slippers.  Call that not committed, I'm calling it survival.  

So moving on lets discuss week 4.  I'd be happy with 25/26ish miles.  Long run 8 and bumping up a mid week run to 6.  I need to get some speed work in either with the group or on my own, neither are exciting me so we'll see how that plays out.  I have to say I'm happy just going out and hitting my miles solo not too worried about pace.  If I didn't care about a finish time this wouldn't matter.  It also hit me today at the gym that this avoiding the pool act I have going is not helping my desire to finish some short tri's.  Maybe a pool day on Wed or Fri, maybe I am having a commitment problem. I'm also struggling with the fact that my Longday Sunday routine was fouled up by the snow, thought about going long today and scratched that plan...maybe Wed or Thurs.

The injury report remains clear at this time, goal is to keep it this way.

Ran 6 miles today.


No comments: