Sunday, October 13, 2013

5 months and a 5k

We are getting there. At dinner with a friend recently she stated "you definitely have your preggo boobs again". Thanks. Thanks a lot. Regardless I'm still running, or more like bouncing but I'm still out there and it's more than a walk. My attitude has helped keep me on the roads longer this time than last. I'm well aware of how slow I'm getting and the walking breaks are a every run necessity but again it's the "something is more than nothing attitude". Joe signed up for a 10k this weekend and I was instantly pissed about it. I mean the man has done close to nothing outside of biking in months. Really? Now you want to run a 10k? No fear, I figured out quickly there was a 5k option and the kid and I could tackle that will little issue. Yes, I ran with the kid. Do you think he even volunteered to take him on the 10k? Not that I'd go for that, the jogger helps boost my bragging rights. The event itself was much more of a walk than a run, it's safe to estimate a 7:1 walker to runner ratio. Spent much of the race maneuvering around large groups of walkers. No matter the obstacles, we all started together and the kid and I smoked him. He caught up to us when I walked through the water stop but compare our overall paces and me and the kid beat him. And I ran up Francis St! You know that hill in front of the mall, the one that almost did me in during my 70.3? Yep, ran it. 5 months pregnant behind 54 lbs of kid and jogger. Take that. Ran 3.2 miles today

No comments: