Monday, September 7, 2009

It's all semantics

So we finished our run today and Joe asked "how was it". Well, were to start..

We started with Jessica and Sue. This was our first run after a 4 day break. What a nice break, I didn't think twice about not running, it was glorious. After the track workout on Wed, I just couldn't shake my leg aches and pains. Things just didn't feel right and I knew I needed a break. I expected today would feel better.

In the beginning it felt great, we felt down Elmgrove. Until .8 miles in, things started to feel familiar, and uncomfortable. I stopped and tried to stretch it out. Jessica and Sue took off, thought we would catch up with them. When the pain didn't subside by mile 2 I shooed Joe off and stretched some more. This continued for all 5 miles. I would get about a mile before needing to stretch, after stretching things felt better. Why did I continue to do this? I'm stubborn and will only take so many days off. I did finish the 5 miles. It was a good run because my pace at 9:30, much faster than my goal. Awful, because how it felt and I was only moving so fast to end it quicker. Good, because it's over.

So as I sit here and ice the bottoms of my feet, calf, shin and achilles I'm not sure if it was good or bad but glad it's over. Need to get my act together before 18 miles this weekend...

Days till NYC: 54
Miles trained today: 5

No comments: