Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tricked!

So I'm back on track after the calf injury. THings have been feeling good, but I want to take it slow from now until 11/1. My plan is now 3 runs a week with the 4th run being a long run. I got to admit I was having a hard time getting motivated this week. I don't know what it is, but moving in the mornings hasn't happened. Tonight we were lucky enough to be invited to Cranston for our 5 miles. If we had to meet someone else, we would be more likely to run!

It was a nice night when we started and we had plenty to talk and laugh about. The first 2 miles flew by. Joe and Jessica are both slightly faster than me and Joe runs faster with Jessica than with me. So it wasn't long before I felt the pace picking up. I went along with it as long as I could, but knew better than to get involved with the two of them. There is a thing that happens with them about jockeying for the lead. Joe won't let her pass him and she gets pissed and they just push each other till the end.

By the time we hit mile 4, I had fallen behind and didn't mind. Reminding myself that all that matters is that I stay healthy. I started to count down the 10th of a mile to go. Before I knew it we were at 5 miles and not stopping. What the hell?!?! I only signed up for 5. They were too far a head so I just kept going and going and going and going. They didn't seem to notice, probably too involved with trying to get ahead of the other. Meanwhile I was beginning to worry that we might be lost. It's one thing to go over on a route you know, but Cranston might as well be another world! The run ended up being 5.5, not a huge distance, but each step over 5 seemed like forever. Finally we finished, and the best part...NO PAIN!!

Days till NYC: 39
Miles trained today: 5.5

No comments: