Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sunsets and sailboats

I'll admit, it was pretty nice out tonight. I was tempted to blow off my appt with the treadmill and get reaquainted with the roads. But alas, I'm not at the point yet where I can tolerate another bad run. There is no telling what can happen on the roads, it can get wild out there. On the treadmill I have complete control AND I found the special machine. It is perfectly positioned so that my left side is blasted with a/c the whole time. It's the little things in running that keep me going. I couldn't convince Joe that I had the right idea and as I walked inside to my mechanical oasis he hit the roads. After an hour he came to find me with stories about sailboats on the water and sunsets in the park. I was not jealous. There were no sailboats or sunsets in the gym, just old episodes of the Real Housewives, but I had a good run and that's all that matters right about now.

Miles trained today: 6
Days till Crabman Tri: 3
Beach 2 Beacon: 16
Chicago Marathon: 80

No comments: