Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I found it!

My missing motivation! I haven't blogged since the beginning of the month, it's not because I haven't been running, I haven't had anything to say. My runs have been blah, almost all indoors. Not running because I wanted to, because I felt I had too. Then yesterday I got an e-mail about a new 10k, over the Jamestown Bridge in April. Come on now, how cool would that be! First of all after running New York a few years ago, I have an appreciation for running places that are not normally "runner friendly". The Jamestown Bridge offers amazing views of the state. Other than our beach, I can't think of an area in RI that I enjoy more, other than my patio on a hot summer night. I want to do this race.

Here's the but part, I'll be 32 weeks pregnant. Super pregnant. Don't ask, the MD has given her blessing so I'm good there. But it's not as easy to run for 2 as it is to eat for 2, I get winded very easy even at a slower pace. My approach is this, I'm going to keep running till I can't. I'm going to keep that race as a goal. If I get there and am slow but still moving then great, I'll catch up to the pack when I roll myself down the other side of the bridge. If I get there and it's too much, I'll be cheering on the sides full of envy. Either way the idea of running this race got me out of bed this morning and out on my old roads. Of course it was cold and windy but we've done this for the last few winters and I'm not about to stop now. I'm back!

http://www.trimomprod.com/jamestownhome.html

Miles trained today: 3

No comments: