Thursday, April 7, 2011

A swimmer's ramblings

Today started a new adventure, my attempt at training to swim a mile. As spring arrives my need to train for something has reached new heights, and this pregnancy continues to prevent much training, really any training at all. I have whined and complained about not being able to train for any of the spring races, I have critiqued the plans of others, spent wasted hours looking at old plans. My feet continue to hurt preventing any real road running and track is completely not an option currently. In a fit of frustration I accidentally came across the zero to 1650 training plan, how to swim a mile in 6 weeks (tried to post the link but was told it was spam). Today marked day 1. I think the furthest I have swam life time is somewhere between a half and 3/4's of a mile and that would have been last spring. The plan is only 6 weeks and yesterday when Joe and I were looking at the workouts in weeks 5 and 6 "Oh Shit" is the only thing that came to mind. Interestingly enough, last night at yoga seeing 2 women who are 6 weeks further along in pregnancy than me, I had the same thought. Either way the next 6 weeks is going to be full of challenges: like how not to waddle while I continue to rock 5 inch heels at work and how to learn to breathe on both sides while lap swimming. So we'll see how this plays out. I would be very happy to be able to successfully complete this plan in the next 6 weeks and be able to boast about my new distance. If nothing else it will serve as a nice distraction from lists about invitations and announcements. Yards swam today: 900

No comments: