Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A taste of what's to come?

I preface this with I have no idea what we are in for when Lil Macedo arrives, nor do I pass judgement on those who are up at nights with their own little ones. I think last night and this morning was a minor, a very minor, peek into what life will be like. We had a very eventful night leading to little sleep at all. Things kicked off around midnight with Joe falling down the stairs. Why was he up? It's not clear, he tells a story about hearing the cat arguing with a neighbor but I'm not sure I believe him. Regardless we were both up for a while, and that was the end of it. Filled ourselves in on the end of yet another terrible Sox game, the birds begin to chirp around ten minutes of 2. At 3am I had a fit about the hour and turned on a sound machine, that was the last I remember. The alarm buzzes at 5 and I thought I was going to die. This can't be happening. It was the kind of wake up where I had to get in the car as fast as possible. If I even became slightly aware of what I was doing I would have talked myself back into bed and skipped the whole workout. Low and behold, somehow for reasons unknown to either of us, we landed in the pool. It might have been due to having little sleep the night before or the workout being just a tad longer than last week but it was brutal. Every stroke took effort, there was a moment I thought I might be in the pool until lunch time finishing up this workout. 35 minutes later we were in the locker room, bad night and brutal workout behind us. I sit here with coffee brewing and toothpicks in my eyes, and remind myself that this was only a taste of what's in store for us. Yards swam today: 1100

No comments: