Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Man that felt good

It was just me and the kid on the Blvd this morning. I have to admit these jaunts around the Blvd are getting a bit old but it's a nice route when I'm running with the jogger. I'm not quite ready to tackle the hills at Lincoln Woods with him yet. Every run around the Blvd is exactly the same, I start by Lippitt Park and head down towards Lincoln School, running against traffic. Of course the downhill side always goes much faster. As I started back up and was loosing interest in the run I spotted a man running ahead of me and decided to catch him. He couldn't have been that far ahead and clearly wasn't moving fast if I thought I could over take him but off I went in hot pursuit. I passed him at Rochambeau. Yep, he got passed by a lady and a baby carriage. I can't tell you how many times I've been passed by someone with a carriage but man it felt good to finally be the one doing the passing.

Miles run today: 3.7

1 comment:

Jose said...

For me it was never the carriage that passed me. It was always that 60yr old guy that flew by me while I was trying my hardest!!

Congrats on your run! As a father of 3, I just want to tell you that it gets easier! Enjoy these years, they go by too fast.