Sunday, February 12, 2012

Overdue for a purge

I had to get out there, it was imperative that I was on the Blvd in front of India at 8:30 this morning. It didn't matter that with the wind it felt like 3 degrees or that I had been up past midnight the night before. I had to be there, Melissa was running 20 and I was the pit crew. So don't ask why I lolly-gagged in the kitchen sipping coffee and watching the news play clips of too many Whitney Houston videos until 8:07. Then panic set in. Given the temps I had a certain outfit in mind and thought I knew where it was. Well I didn't. This tale might actually be more humorous as told from the perspective of my husband who watched me race up and down the basement stairs about 14 times, getting more frustrated and louder with each pass. In some warped way this was all his fault that I couldn't find those damn tights. Then there was the episode upstairs and hence the reason for the purge. All my running stuff is crammed into 1 (well 1.5) draws in my dresser. The main draw is so full I have to brace myself to open it all the way. Everything in there is that slippery tech wick material and 93.4% of it is black. The tights that I couldn't find but needed for this run were also black. My bedroom is now strewn with black tech wick articles of clothing and the draw is empty. It was ugly up there. I found several pairs of tights that are riddled with holes, they should be purged. Why the F are they still in there, and where are the tights I need?!? Along with the male sized medium shirts that I have received at races and don't fit. Why the F are they still in there and where are the tights I need?!?! There is also that white running skirt that is just wrong on so many levels. Why am I even looking at this skirt, I need those damn tights!!! Finally I find the tights, get dressed and book it out the door. I was still jazzed up when Melissa ran to my car, when she asked I blamed it on the coffee. It was still to raw to discuss and I was still trying to decide how much of the blame Joe actually deserved. Unfortunately my prediction is when I roll into bed in a few hours, everything will be crammed back into that draw (including that white running skirt) and I'll repress the memory of this morning until something else goes missing at the 11th hour.

Miles run today: 13

1 comment:

On the Right Track said...

Oh yes...the dreaded, where is it???????????

My husband can relate...

Great post...keep it coming:)