Thursday, April 26, 2012

A punishment worse than the treadmill

I'll admit I've done a few long runs on the dreadmill, it's not my favorite place to run but under the right circumstances can be a beneficial addition to training.  It's easy to complain about it, but with the right movie it's not so bad.  The trainer on the other hand is a form of torture.  I hate it, and the more time I spend on it the more I hate it.  The newness is wearing off, it's not exciting or cool.  It's uncomfortable and doesn't matter what's on TV, the clock moves backwards the whole time.  Riding on the road is so much different, you move around in the seat...take in the scenery...wave at runners and fall.  Increasing the my mid week mileage means I'm increasing my time spent on this awful device.  Magazines, books, movies, conversation...nothing helps.  I also don't want to talk about how I should be practicing my form and how to grab water bottles, I have a side table set up with all my activities and snacks right next to me.  At this point July 8th can't come fast enough so I can toss the trainer in the basement and forget about it, that is until the next time I become obsessive about training.

Rode 20 miles today.

No comments: