Monday, October 15, 2012

Deep slow breaths please.

Ok - I'm trying not to panic but having a hard time listening to myself.  This was supposed to be my BIG weekend, and I got tripped up by illness.  Now I'm training wiser than before so I know somethings.  Like if you have to take multiple doses of day/nyquil it's better to postpone the run.  Easy call on Sat when I think I dragged myself out of bed for a total of 45 minutes the entire day.  Sunday I felt better enough to be upright but having to sit for my LICSW this morning I chose to take it easy.  No need to make the test any worse by going in sick and to reschedule would cost me an additional $225 so I choose rest.  All good choices as evidenced by getting out of bed this am with only the slightest memory of the dreaded illness and was able to pass the biggest exam of my professional career without the assistance of any decongestants.  But now here I am with a little less than 2 weeks to go and the plan I've oh so carefully followed appearing in disarray before me.  So here's my plan, I missed an 8 mile tempo and 12 mile long run.  This week I'm going to keep the same track workout...I think it's 800's.  I should be doing a 3 mile tempo but I'm going to go for 6 and my long run will be 10.  Mentally I need another double digit run and would try for 12 but this weekend I have to run long on Sun and the race is Sat so that's a no go.  Not perfect but it'll have to do.

Ran an easy 4 miles.

No comments: