Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Doubleshot Tuesdays

The kid and I have been hosting a pint sized companion the last few Tuesdays and it's been my excuse to take Tuesday's off from training.  This is our 3rd week and not that I want to toot my own horn or anything but I seem to be getting the whole two toddler thing down. Until this week, I'd barely make it to nap time only to collapse in the armchair holding my breath hoping that they'd both stay silent.  Too afraid to move, one noise and they'd both be up.  This week we breezed right into nap time and I found myself with nothing to do.  Several things I should have done including pick up all the hot wheels that are covering the living room floor.  Why bother in the next hour both kids will be up and the hot wheels will be everywhere again.  So I hit the treadmill, knocked out my last few 800's until race day AND got in an uninterrupted hot shower.  Remember there are 2 small tyrants upstairs and I got a hot shower in!  I'm sensing this cocky attitude is going to bite me at a later date but for now I'm gloating.  I do need to get over to Rhode Runner and get a new pair of sneaks, I'm getting some of those small aches and pains that are usually quieted with new shoes.  There once was a time when I tracked my mileage and shoe purchases with OCD like accuracy, but then the kid showed up and I can barely keep track of the last time the dogs were fed so I spring for new sneaks when the feet start to complain.

Ran 4 miles.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Two toddlers!? I'm impressed! Watching those two probably made your speed workout seem easy:)

Alan said...

Next time you need new sneakers, just give us a call (or Facebook me) and I'll deliver them for you!

smacedo said...

I don't get out much! We need our trips to RR!