Friday, May 10, 2013

8:36 you feel so good and so bad at the same time

Running this week has been difficult due to the kid not sleeping.  Any advice?  Anyone want him?  I kid, I kid...but really he's kicking my ass.  I met Jeff for our usually Tuesday run and although we were watchless we totally smoked 2-75 year old men.  Wed and Thurs were totally screwed by the above mentioned sleep issue so I headed out to meet Jeff today.  Now after our run Sun we had talked about making one of our weekly runs for speed.  What does that mean?  I was thinking 8:40's, Jeff said 8:30's and part of my died on the inside.  Tuesday we both agreed to forget that conversation ever happened, that was before he decided to take on the geriatric runners.  Today there was no plan and off we went.  Mile 1 was 8:41, mile 2 was 8:25...something is happening here.  The way back is slightly uphill and I started to fade.  Jeff went head, never more than a half block but far enough that I could curse him.  I stopped looking at my watch and just hoped that I'd fall so there would be an excuse to stop.  Finally we finish, 8:36 pace.  Not on a track, not in a race, not in a box and not from a fox.  Just a Friday run with no expectations!  I'm telling you, good things are happening this season...

Ran 4 miles today.

No comments: