Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Workouts for my heart

For the first time since the 70.3 last year I got in 2 workouts today.  And neither were anything to brag about in terms of distance or pace, but it was totally what I needed.  A swim this morning with Kali in what might be the most beautiful pool I will ever swim in ever again...no joke.  I now need to convince my husband that I need an individual gym membership that will cost as much as our family membership at the Y just so I can swim here all the time and use the automatic water bubbler.  Or workout was lazy, just swimming back and forth.  I didn't even keep count or pretend to push hard.  But we talked about nonsense, weddings and showers and plastic dinosaurs in my tub...total girl shit.  Then this afternoon I met up with Jen for a kidless run on the Blvd. This week Jeff had back up with the 3 kids when Joe arrived on his bike.  Jen and I took our cues and bolted quick while they were all shoving their faces with pizza.  Then settled into an easy, more than conversational pace, and more girl talk ensued.  Life has become so busy that these quiet moments with friends are harder and harder to come by so to have it twice in 1 day was just what I needed.

Swam for a half hour and ran 3.5 miles today

No comments: