Thursday, July 11, 2013

Where have I been?

Sorry, life has been busy.  Injuries have slowed me down and stress has kept me away.  There was the whole moving to TX saga that took over our life for the last 3 weeks and I couldn't write about it and therefore felt like I couldn't write at all.  For now we are staying put and I'm back on the blog.  As for the injury report, I'm not sure exactly what it is.  I'm calling it a combo of angry toe with a touch of I'm sick of the humidity sprinkled with funky lab work.  So basically I feel like sh*t, huff and puff on my runs and have slowed down.  To combat this I've limited the training and am spending more time on the bike and in the pool.  Swam for 45 mins this morning and if it wasn't for the annoying pinch of my goggles I'd still be there just lapping away the day.  Last night did some grass running for the first and likely final time.  Even with fun company it was akward, I'll take the sore toe and be on the roads thank you very much.  Tomorrow I haven't decided if I'm running or riding but I need to do something, trying to prevent the collection of any extra lbs during this lazy period.

On the food note, I've become obsessed with making popsicles.  Tonight's combo was 2 banana's, coco power, agave, full fat coconut milk, peanut butter chips, vanilla extract all whizzed together in the blender and currently freezing.  Can't wait!!!

Swam 1 mile today

1 comment:

Jose said...

I've been wondering where you've been!! Just kidding.

Hope your toe gets better. And not that I want it to, but summer and the humidity will gone before you know it!