Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ted Bear and no socks

I'm slowly re-establishing a new running routine, goal being at least e/o day with supplements of swimming and yoga.  Much more than 3 miles and I'm circling public restrooms so I don't care about distance too much and we won't even discuss speed.  The fact that I'm out there will be referred to as enough.  So how have they been going?  Can we say parenting problems??  Sunday I was out there with the toddler in the stroller who insisted that his almost 2 foot fall Ted Bear come with us.  The problem being that he didn't want Ted to sit with him.  Ted was too big to be stuffed under the jogger so spent the run tucked into the retractable sun shade.  He didn't stay there willingly, so I spent the run with one hand on Ted so we didn't have a bear overboard situation.  Yes, I know I could have said no.  The goal was to run with no tears, which meant that the kid could have made almost any demand and I would have obliged.  This morning I hit the dreadmill.  Yep, on a morning with temps in the 60's.  Why?  I'm being a baby about running solo in the early mornings and if I get up with the dog for a run then the whole house wakes up and before I can tie my sneaks I'm being summoned to the Executive Director's crib before breakfast.  So I snuck downstairs and got in 3 miles before I heard him jumping  off the ottoman.  PS - I got to the basement and started to lace up when I realized I had no socks.  Ah, parenting problems, at least I didn't worry about rabies or a head injury this morning so I'll call it a win and keep trying to squeeze in some runs.

Ran 3 miles today.

No comments: