Thursday, June 26, 2014

It always feels so good

My working out has been totally derailed by the angry 4 month old who lives in our house. My compounded lack of sleep is becoming a major problem. I have no laughter in me around this subject and if one more god damned person sees her in public and comments on how happy she looks I might punch them. I told you, we have a major problem. That combined with the fact that my do.everything.with.mom.pal has relocated, it's been a rough week or so. I'm out there but missing some gumption. Nothing to do but get out and run. Finally last night the terror from upstairs took some pity on me and kept quiet most of the night. What do you do when your baby is still snoozing at 5am? That's right, you get out of bed and hit the pool for 5:30. Thank god for friends who are excited to get that "let's go, I'll be there" text. It's Thursday so the Mom Posse was missing but we got it done, torn swim cap and all. All my moaning about no sleep, I will say this, I'm feeling strong in the water. Less than a month to go for Save the Bay and I'm not too nervous. That day I'll be signing a different tune. This morning was strong, warm up, some kicking which could have gone on all day while we discussed dresses and then 100 pull/100 swim x5. I think my pal thought we were done after that and there was a brief moment where we thought about a cool down but instead went for 5 fast 50's to get the sweat factor up there. It was just what I needed. It's so easy to skip a morning workout and go later but there is nothing like that feeling after a hard am session. I'd love to say that I'll be there again tomorrow but I have no hope. Swam for 45 mins today

1 comment:

Jose said...

Your post crack me up. It gets easier. It will be a while, but it eventually will :)