Friday, June 27, 2014

Just a regular run

To give you a taste of my current life, here's a run down of how today's run went. Planned start time of 9:30 in Bristol. 4 hours of sleep total and not straight lead to what can only be described as a very bad morning. 8:40 I begin to panic because there is no way I'm going to get everyone out of the house in time when my phone buzzes and my friend is going to be late. Start time pushed to 10. Spend the next 30 minutes getting my son to poop, my daughter in a clean diaper, do breakfast dishes, move laundry around and pack 15 snacks for the run. Yes, 15, my son is a diva. Finally make it into the car and to Bristol right on time. While we are waiting for my partner in crime to show up my son crawls up and down rocks by the water. Several times I'm sure this activity is going to end with a split chin but no blood actually happens. Partner in crime shows up about a half hour late, during which I realize that the sunscreen is at home and it's 85 degrees out and full sun. Great. It then takes us a good 10 minutes to get 3 kids locked and loaded and run to commence. Just when we get the kinks out and everyone, including the 80lb dog, is running in stride my daughter begins to wail. I try to ignore her in hopes that she'll suck her thumb, my son tries to tell her to stop crying and she only gets louder. We hit the turn around and then find a bench where I can nurse her. Lets not discuss that I have on 2 of my tightest fitting sports bras. Commence 20 minute intermission in the 4 mile run that is going to last all day. After the intermission everyone is happy, except the dog, he doesn't want to run anymore. Next 2 miles features my son begging to get out of the stroller and dog slowing to a walk. Finally 2 moms, 3 kids and 1 dog roll to a stop at the end of the bike path. Just a regular run between friends, and our kids. Ran 4 miles today.

No comments: