Saturday, January 31, 2009

140.6

140.6 miles, that's how far we have run in January of this year. I thought we were doing more running than ever, so I checked the log from this time last year and we logged 136.4. So only 4 more miles than last year, I guess I need to stop complaining. We've done it before and will do it again. Divided out over the 31 days of the month, we are averaging 4.53 miles a day. Again, that doesn't seem so bad. But we only ran 19 days this month, so that's an average of 7.4. Last year I ran 21 days in Jan. What is the difference this year? The weather is a factor, I'm not sure we had the frequency of snow storms. The other factor would be injury, I had 4 days off due to my thigh just before Bermuda. The other factor is motivation, I'm in need of some quickly. It helps to compare notes from last year, I don't know what else I need. Looking ahead, my mileage goal for Feb will be 179 miles, 38.4 miles more than what I just put up on the board. I'll have to run more than 19 days to get the goal. If I run 25 days, I would need to average 7.16 miles a day. Doable. Stay tuned and if you have some motivation you can lend me I'll gladly accept it!

No comments: