Monday, January 11, 2010

I can remember

I remember waking up for a morning run, even with the air conditioning on, it's still hot.  You know it's going to be rough when you are sweating before starting.  I roll out of bed throw on socks, sneaks, shorts and a tank.  5 minutes and I'm out the door.  The air is thick, it slaps me immediately walking out the front door.  Off I go, the warmth of the sun on my shoulders.  It only takes a few minutes before my sunglasses fog up due to the condensation.  A few more minutes before the sweat stings my eyes.  Going down the middle of the Blvd my legs and shoes are covered with the gray dust.  People are out everywhere, I have to dodge other runners.  I long for the short bursts of breeze that occasionally pass.  Staring ahead I focus on patches of shade, it always feel nicer in the shade.  

Clearly not the experience I had today, but man do I miss it!

Miles trained today:5
Days till the Manhattan Half: 13

No comments: