Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WD-40?

After Sunday I've been sore, very sore.  Monday was a rest day and I forced myself through an easy and very tight three miles yesterday.  Today I had to get back in the saddle, 5 miles.  I put it off as long as I could and came close to calling it off.  I'm at the point where I can get up from a chair without audible noise, the quads still yell out a little going down a flight of stairs, people have stopped asking if I need a wheelchair.  

I approached the treadmill with trepidation, spent longer than necessary adjusting my headphones.  Waiting for an excuse to head home and forget about it.  I don't really need to train for another marathon.  I started slow, real slow.  It didn't hurt as much as expected, before I knew it I was increasing the pace.  After 2 miles I hit mile 3 at goal pace and to overcome the boredom, spent the next 2 miles increasing my pace as much as I could.  In hindsight it would have been better to get through this run slow, but there comes a point in every treadmill run that I have the urge to end it as fast as I can.  

I'm hoping that the rest of the week I continue to forget about the damage done to my quads and focus on moving forward from the half marathon.  Not sure where I'll end up with miles for the week but it won't be for lack of effort.

Miles trained today: 5

No comments: