Thursday, January 28, 2010

My legs were there but nothing else

Running alone sucks but I got out there.  Warmed up outdoors before the dreaded track workout.  Things were going along fine until I had to come up Rochambeau, it's not a bad hill, but was just enough.  I stopped.  Hadn't planned on it but about half way up found myself walking.  It didn't last long but it was strange.  I've walked on runs before but have argued with myself about it, today the quads just gave up.  Not such a big deal until the same thing happened 3/4 of the way through my 3rd mile on the track.  It was feeling harder than the first 2 miles and I was tired.  Again I just stopped.  There was no argument and this time no attempt to start running again.  Walked a cool down lap and went to work.  It was likely a combination of my body being tired and my mind being elsewhere.  I was irritated about it on the way to work and then took a few deep breaths.  I ran 6 miles total today.  I've run 14 miles this week and am 4 days out from a hard half.  This is ok, it's perfectly ok. 

Miles trained today: 6

1 comment:

shrinkrunner said...

This sounds a lot like my day yesterday. Hang in there. You know tomorrow will probably be completely different.