Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Don't break the rules

There are a few simple runs I have when it comes to running. One of them pertains to running in the rain:

If lying in bed I can hear the rain, I won’t run.

Very simple, I followed it this morning. Alarm went off, while I stumbled to my snooze button, the rain was audible and I went back to bed for an hour. After work it was still raining and although I wasn’t in bed, I’m sure if I had been I would have still heard it. The rule was broken and I went for a run. Bad idea, terrible idea, no good awful idea. There was no one else out there. I knew my jacket wasn’t waterproof, but I thought maybe it would magically become waterproof if I ran outside today. It didn’t. To keep myself going I tried to imagine having to run Chicago in this. If it rains during Chicago I might not run it. 5.5 in the rain wasn’t worth it, I can’t imagine 26.2 would be. Lesson learned, don’t break the running rules.

Miles trained today: 5.5

Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 137

Days till Chicago: 201

No comments: